- 20+ years of experience in the development, delivery and evaluation of synchronous and asynchronous experiential learning experiences.
- Was consulted for performance improvement, nationally and internationally.
- Managed and mentored 700+ students at the BA and MA levels working on instructional design projects.
- Delivered 60+ presentations and keynotes in national and international conferences to researchers and practitioners on a wide variety of topics such as improving human performance, developing learning communities, teaching with social media, online problem-based learning, teaching about extremism, maker movement, social inclusion, and social media propaganda.
- Published 20+ academic articles, professional papers and Op-Eds.
- Conducted 200+ hours of in-depth interviews.
- Co-organized 1 congress with 150+ national and international delegates.
- Gave 30+ media interviews and appearances in the News.
- Secured $160K+ of funding in Awards.
- Instructional Design
Training and Development
Formative and Summative Evaluation (of Learners, Learning Programs and Non-Instructional Strategies)
- Systemic Analysis
- Disruptive Pedagogy
Informal, Incidental /Accidental Learning
Emerging Learning Technologies
Social Media in Education
- Supervision and Mentorship
- Public Speaking
- Connecting with Public
- Qualitative Research
- Social Inclusion
- Social Integration
- Social Media Propaganda
- Ph.D. Educational Technology @ Concordia University | 2013 – 2017 (2018 Anticipated date of graduation)
- M.A. Educational Technology @ Concordia University | 2009 – 2012
- B.A. with Honours Interior Design @ Lebanese American University | 1991 – 1995
EXPERIENCE IN PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT CONSULTANCY
Offered services to:
- eCouriers.co (Lebanon)
- VOLVO Lebanon – GAA (Lebanon)
- Marianopolis College (Canada)
- Canada Boarder Services Agency (Canada)
- Content and Collaboration Solutions – McGill University (Canada)
- F@D Le service de formation à distance de la coalition ontarienne de formation des adultes (COFA) (Canada)
- Lester B. Pearson School Board (Canada)
Assistant Professor @ Department of Education, Concordia University (Limited Term Appointment)
- ETEC 650/550: Fundamentals of Instructional Design (Fall 2017)
- ETEC 665/565: Intro to Digital Media in Education (Fall 2017)
- ETEC 651/551: Fundamentals of HPT (Human Performance Technology) (Winter 2018)
- ETEC 681/581: Fundamentals/Distance Education (Winter 2018)
Online Part-Time Teaching Faculty @ Faculty of Education, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (2013 – 2017)
- AEDT 1160U: Digital Communication Technologies
- AEDT 2150U: Digital Technologies and Advanced Teaching Methods
- EDUC4700: EDUC4700 Models of Teaching and Learning
Part-Time Professor @ Education Department, Concordia University (2015)
- ETEC 651/551: Fundamentals of HPT (Human Performance Technology)
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE (TEACHING ASSISTANT)
- Teaching Assistant for the Qualitative Methods (EDUC 807) course: a 3-Credits Core Course Taught at the PhD Level in a Problem-based Learning Approach @ Education Department, Concordia University
- Teaching Assistant for the Human Performance Technology (HPT) (ETEC651) course: a 3-Credits Core Course Taught at the MA Level @ Education Department, Concordia University
- Teaching Assistant for the Human Performance Technology (HPT) (ETEC712) course: a 6-Credits Core Course Taught at the MA Level @ Education Department, Concordia University
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Art Teacher @ Collège Protestant Français, Beirut Lebanon
- EFL Teacher @ Collège Protestant Français, Beirut Lebanon
- Arabic Language Teacher @ Collège Protestant Français, Beirut Lebanon
OTHER ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
Research Assistant @ Department of Education, Concordia University
- An action-research about the potential of the digital “maker” movement to help improve retention and academic success
- Interdisciplinary Problem-Based Blended Learning in the Department of Education
- CAP Secteur: Développement de communautés d’apprentissage professionnelles (CAP) dans les écoles primaires pour favoriser le développement professionnel du personnel scolaire et améliorer la réussite et la persévérance scolaire des élèves en difficulté d’adaptation ou d’apprentissage.
- PBL Mob: Implementation of Problem-Based Learning and Mobile Technologies in Ecuador
- eCAP: Documenter et analyser les CAP pour favoriser la réussite scolaire en milieux scolaires francophones.
- The design, development and implementation of an electronic portfolio –ePearl Level 4, to help the professionalization of teachers
- Vidabilty: Creating capabilities through the development of self-advocacy videos and the use of mobile technologies
EXPERIENCE IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
- Online Course Designer and Developer @Faculty of Education, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Instructional Designer @ Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance, Department of Education, Concordia University, Montreal
- Educational Technology Consultant @ McGill University, Content and Collaboration Solutions, Montréal
- e-Learning Consultant @ F@D Le service de formation à distance de la coalition ontarienne de formation des adultes (COFA)
- Instructional Designer (Internship) @ Lester B. Pearson School Board, Dorval
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Congress Co-Organizer of The XXIInd International Congress on Personal Construct Psychology @ Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- HR Consultant @ VOLVO, Beirut, Lebanon
- Lead Graphic Designer @ Simply Done for You, Beirut, Lebanon